1800 Larimer is the first high-rise office building constructed in Denver’s central business district in more than 25 years and ushers in a new class of technologically-advanced 21st Century corporate towers.
Developed by Westfield Company and designed by international architectural firm RNL, the 500,000-square-foot glass-clad building offers LEED Platinum design and a next generation business environment, utilizing innovative, advanced air flow and lighting systems. Its exceptional building amenities set a new standard in the Denver market.
Building highlights include:
- 78% pre-leased at completion—Spring 2010
- LEED Platinum certification, the highest designation for any multi-tenant office building in the United States
- Vanguard air flow and lighting systems and raised-floor environments enhance productivity and comfort, while helping to reduce operating expenses
- Among AAA amenities: Concierge security (comparable to New York headquarters buildings), a hotel-style conference facility, on-site covered parking, an employee fitness center, a landscaped private terrace park—one of Denver’s largest, a café, and bank.
- Located at the front door to LoDo, the city’s restaurant and entertainment district; just blocks from the center of downtown; within short walking distance from Union Station; and a few minutes from interstate entrances.
- Developed and managed by Westfield Company, locally-based, financially strong owners, who are headquartered in the building.
The idea that structures have a relationship to their surroundings is true at any scale. In the case of 1800 Larimer, the building responds to its surroundings on a variety of levels. Highly visible along the cityscape, 1800 Larimer sets the foreground for a dense grouping of high-rises in Denver’s central business district. Its abstract exterior forms a graphic and kinetic face to Downtown among a collection of mid-80’s and older structures, delineating an innovative and welcome shift in the Denver skyline. With a multi-colored glass façade that is constantly changing with the light of day, 1800 is the most visually dynamic design in Denver.
At ground level, the building reveals a completely different design statement both refined and sophisticated, creating an active, pedestrian friendly streetscape. A glassy transparent garage explodes into a 30’ high clear structural glass tree lined lobby. Trees are placed on each side of the glass to allow the interior/exterior to blend seamlessly. Entries are signified by soaring aluminum knife edged wings. The lobby connects to the sidewalk allowing 1800 to reverse its skyward demeanor and settle into a dynamic calm. The lobby draws passersby into the soaring space with materials that are both a part of the tower and yet are appropriately scaled to be comfortable and attractive at street level.